Homemade Chinese New Year dinner by me.
Appetizer : Dumpling Soup
● The shape of the dumplings are said to resemble old ingot-shaped coins or yuanbao. As such, the dumplings are meant to bring eaters prosperity and wealth.
● Soup for “everything better than last year”.
Main Course : Pan Seared Dorry Steak & Sauteed Kale with Oyster Sauce and Garlic
● Fish : as the Chinese word for fish, ‘yu,’ sounds like the word for abundance.
● Green leafy vegetables for a green year and good harvest.
Dessert : S’mores Dip
● Serving desserts brings a sweet life in the new year.
Drink : Mixed Strawberry & Orange Juice
● As per Chinese beliefs, oranges and tangerines are depictions of wealth, luck, and happiness.
● And the red color of this drink reflects the treasure of happiness the New Year will offer. – with Mutya and Tengku M Rizaldi at Rizal’s Secret Chamber
View on Path
You must be logged in to post a comment.